2015 Clergy-Laity Documents
These are all of the reports and resolutions of the 2015 Clergy-Laity at Sts. Constantine and Helen in Cleveland Heights, OH.
Youth Committee @ 2015 Metropolis Clergy-Laity
9/25/In the Year of Our Lord Two-Thousand and Fifteen
- Kind words from Fr. Joe about all our Metropolis Youth Workers
- Ted Cherpas appointed recording secretary.
- Fr. Andrew and Akron parishioners are running tomorrow to benefit IOCC.
- Surveys distributed for feedback to whole audience.
- Rhea begins her presentation.
- Reviewed Youth Ministry handout, “highs and lows.”
i.Highs: Many full time Youth Workers in the GOMoP.
ii.Lows: Caryn Cherpas fell asleep in the Lord in August.
- Calendar of Events for 2016-2017 still being formulated.
i.For 2017-2018, hopefully will be posted by Sept. 1st.
- Fr. Michael Gavrilos: JOY Retreat @ St. Gregory’s Monastery
- Fr. Alexey Video Presentations: JOY 1, GOYA 4, Clergy at Night
- Our JOY numbers are down. Sadness.
- Bishop GREGORY: Family Camp. Fri, Sat, Sun, 10 families. Weekend retreat for people who have never been. They can always sign up for that summer too!
- Fr. Alexey: If one family goes, it breaks the ice for others.
- Rhea: Parishes that send a lot of kids tend to be active in many areas.
- BG: My kids come from South Florida. It’s not too far.
- Fr. Andrew Lentz
i.Greek Night w/ Cavs? (Note: Tickets are very expensive.)
ii.Possible GOYA Futsal League. Co-ed League.
- Full season with regions
- In between Basketball and Pascha.
- One-day tournament for Quarter finals, semis, and finals.
- Two 24 minute halves with a running clock, or two 20 minute halves with clock stoppage?
- Fr. Joe: Project Mexico
- Sent 8 persons
- Spiritually focused experience, also very well organized and professional.
- Very safe trip, good first step for us.
- 40 people are now interested from St. Spyridon!
- Trips are definitely worth the time and effort it takes to organize them.
- Rhea: Be the Bee
- Watch Steve’s video on Church Councils feat. HEMS
- “Be the Bee” Videos are great resources for GOYA, Sunday School, etc.
- Also, “The Trench” for Young Adults (18 – 30)
- Angie: Center for Family Care
- Wonderful Webinars offered each month live and via recording.
i.Raising Children, Depression, Special Needs, Elder Care, etc.
- Parents bring the kids to Church, we must get them involved.
11.George Athanasiou: Be the Bee Retreat
- April 1st through 3rd. Pan-Orthodox. A true “Cleveland” event with committee members from every CLE parish.
- Rhea: Young Adults Program shifting from YAM to REAL.
- REAL Weekend on Nov. 7th weekend. Orthodoxy on Tap.
- Rhea: Annual Orthodoxy Youth Worker Conf.
- Dallas, TX in January 2016
- Pan-Orthodox Event
- Bishop Gregory: OCF
- Pan-Orthodox Ministry with 200+ Chapters across the country.
- College Conference EAST and WEST in December 2015.
- OCF is asking parish priests to send contact info of incoming freshman.
i.Have local OCF Chaplain within the first 40 days of 1st Semester
- Rhea: Our Metropolis college students are really involved with OCF.
15.Fr. Alexey: “Clergy After Hours” Video, GOYA 4 Video, Slow-Mo Video.