2017 Assembly: Annunciation Columbus OH
2017 Metropolis of Pittsburgh Clergy-Laity Assembly
Annunciation G.O. Cathedral, Columbus, OH
Theme: Outreach & Evangelism
With Presentations By:
His Eminence Metropolitan SAVAS of Pittsburgh
Fr. Evan Armatas
Mr. Jamil Samara
Fr. Theodore Dorrence
Also featuring Break-Out Sessions on Subjects related to Outreach & Evangelism:
- Fr. Jim Kordaris & Mr. Stacey Stathulis on the resources available from the Archdiocesen Department and the Metropolis Coordinator
- Fr. Jerry Hall on leadership training through deep faith engagement (small group study)
- Fr. Alex Goussetis on the formation of mission parishes and the benefits to existing communities
- Fr. Demetrios Tsikouris on critical self-evaluation to help focus leaders on the mission
Also on the Agenda:
- 2018 Metropolis Budget & review of audited financial statements
- Election of Members for 2018-2020 Metropolis Council & representatives to the Archdiocesan Council
- Updates on Metropolis Ministries
- Update on the New Metropolis Center Project and collaborative work with the Carpatho-Russian Diocese at Camp Nazareth
Online Registration Now Open At: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=bq6isscab&oeidk=a07ed8k3fca92ae99a6
Location: Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral - 555 N. High St., Columbus, OH 43215
- Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Downtown—614-559-2000
- 501 N. High St., Columbus, OH 43215 (next to Annunciation)
- Rooms avail Wed, Thu. and Fri. nights at $129 + tax
- Make your reservation by August 28
- Group Name: Metropolis Clergy-Laity Assembly
Notes for Potential Attendees:
- Parish Delegates should plan on being present from 5:00pm Thursday (Opening Prayer and Keynote) through 1:00pm Saturday (Lunch and Closing).
- Registration will be open Thursday evening and Friday morning at the Church.
- All meetings will be at the church.
- Each parish & Philoptochos Chapter can send:
- To the Assembly: 4 voting delegates (Priest, Council President or another Council member in their stead, and 2 elected lay delegates) + unlimited non-voting observers
- To the Philoptochos Meetings: Chapter President (or her designee), 2 voting delegates, + unlimited non-voting observers
- Registration Cost for all participants (Assembly and Philoptochos, voting and observers alike): $230/person for 2 or 3 days, or $130/person for one day.
- Register online starting July 1—visit http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=bq6isscab&oeidk=a07ed8k3fca92ae99a6
- **Payment must accompany your registration.**
We have received a generous donation of $5,000 to offset the registration costs ($230/person) for lay delegates from smaller communities in the Metropolis. For the purpose of this discussion, the following parishes are included (having fewer than 150 steward families as of 2014, the last year for which we have complete information):
Central Region: Altoona, East Pittsburgh, Johnstown, McKeesport, Monessen, New Kensington
East Region: Blandon, Easton, Lititz (mission parish), Scranton, Stroudsburg, Wilkes-Barre
Northwest Region: Erie, Farrell, Lorain, Mansfield, Massillon, New Castle, Youngstown
Southwest Region: Belpre (mission parish), Charleston, Clarksburg, Huntington, Martins Ferry, Morgantown, Steubenville, Wheeling
Please take advantage of this opportunity. Send in your registration as soon as you can to be eligible (the grant will be given on a first-come, first-served basis). This is only to cover the registration cost of the lay delegates; the communities are supposed to cover the costs for their priests to attend. Your community can send up to 3 voting lay delegates (Parish Council president or another Council member in their place, plus 2 elected lay delegates) and as many observers as you wish. The grant will cover up to 3 lay delegates per parish.
To apply for the grant, please send the registration forms filled out (i.e. fax, email, or US mail) with a request letter from the parish priest to the Metropolis. Note: If you attempt to register online, the full payment will be due with registration. To apply for the grant, you must send the lay delegate registration and not register them online.
If you engage in ride-sharing (either within the parish, or with folks from a neighboring parish) and room-sharing then the costs will be further reduced.